Samskriti proudly presents 100% cold processed virgin coconut oil from the house of Pranathmaka in the edible oil segment. Known quite rightly as the mother of all oils, Virgin coconut oil represents the epitome in terms of nutritional composition and quality. It comes with an abundance of vitamins C and E, minerals, anti-oxidants and lauric acid. It is extracted from fresh coconut milk obtained from mature kernel (12 months old from pollination) of coconut through cold processing technology without the aid of any heat or chemical processes. This variant of coconut oil, widely known as 100% cold processed virgin coconut oil qualifies as the purest among all coconut oils. Virgin Coconut Oil does not undergo chemical refining, bleaching or deodorizing. It is colourless, free of sediment and has a natural fresh coconut aroma devoid of any rancid odour or taste. This 100% Cold Processed virgin coconut oil forms the base oil of all the oil based products of Samskriti. In virgin coconut oil, constituting over 48% in chemical composition is the lauric acid. Advanced research have identified lauric acid as the primary constituent in breast milk. Hence, while possessing powerful antimicrobial properties capable of destroying disease causing bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites, virgin coconut oil boosts immune system enabling protection from infections of all nature.
- It possesses unlimited potential in therapeutic applications such as an antimicrobial, anti- HIV/AIDS drug, for anti-cancer therapy and for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes etc. Some of the other known properties and health benefits of virgin coconut oil are:
- It can be widely consumed as MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil for weight loss treatment as it can be rapidly absorbed and digested into the intestine as it requires only fewer amounts of enzymes and bile acids. Also MCT’s are metabolized very quickly in the liver thereby resulting in an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage leading to controlling weight gain.
- Abundance of nutritional values makes this an ideal choice as an external applicant on skin and hair. Because of its richness in quality, virgin coconut oil is the perfect ingredient in making baby oils as it stimulates nourishment of delicate skin cells. Best solution for hair care, either individually or as a mixture along with natural Ayurvedic herbs such as Amla, Aindri, Bringaraja etc.
- It supplements body with antioxidants, eases muscular pain, slows down ageing, protects skin from rashes, blemishes, itching; hair from hair fall, dandruff, premature greying, baldness and split ends.
- It also helps in the absorption of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- As an edible product, virgin coconut oil finds its use mainly in two ways, either as an individual oil to be consumed directly as such or as a cooking oil to be used so as to prepare food leading to more or less similar results when it comes to human body.