- Vacancy for the post of Internal Auditor in leading NBFC (Muthoot Fincorp Ltd)
Education : B.Com(minimum), Preferably M. Com or MBA (Finance)
Location : Trivandrum
If you are interested kindly forward your resume on : firstname.lastname@example.org
- To conduct internal Audit in all MFL Branches as per the program given from the Department. The job involves extensive travelling and confidentiality is to be maintained very strictly.
- Physical verification of valuables i.e. Cash in hand, Gold packets, Cheque leaves, Stamps etc as to its correctness with Computer generated reports/Registers maintained.
- Verification of Documents of Fixed Deposits/Secured Debentures and their interest payments.
- Verification of Documents of Secured Loans/Part Withdrawals and their interest receipts.
- Verification of Bank transactions and utilization of Cheques
- Verification of Gold Loan Notice Documents and utilization of stamps
- Verification Leave records and other Statutory records of Staff maintained by the branch
- Verification of Salary payment records of staff and recovery of excess payments, if any made
- Verification of Incentive payment records under various schemes to staff and recovery of excess payments, if any
- Verification of Reconciliation statements of HO/RO Accounts
- Verification of Gold Loan Documents i.e. Pledge & Release Documents
- Verification of Documents of Swarnavarsham Loans disbursed
- Verification of various Daily, Weekly & Monthly Statements of Branch
- Vouching of various Receipts & Payments of Branch with Day Book
- Verification of authorisation of various payments and Reporting of any unauthorized payments for which ex post facto approval is required
- Verification of Western Union money transfer documents
- Verification of Auction Documents
- Verification of various Registers/Records/Files to be maintained by the Branch as per the standing instructions and as per circulars issued from time to time
- Verification previous audit reports and its compliance and reporting any non compliance
- Verification of Gold Inspection reports and checking whether all the observations are complied
- Verification & reporting of business position as on the date of audit
- Observing & reporting confidentially various malpractices made by the branch staff
- Observing & reporting whether rules and guidelines issued from HO for smooth functioning of branches is followed by staff
- Observing & reporting whether housekeeping, upkeep of branch premises, punctuality in attendance & good customer service etc are followed by branch staff
- Sending various reports as required by the Audit department
- Conducting Handing over/Taking over of branch as and when required by the management and sending reports to Audit dept.
- Verification/preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statements and helping the branch in passing entries to tally the bank reconciliation
- Verification of Bonus/Exgratia payment documents
- Conducting Special Inspection of branches as per the instructions from Department head
- Conducting monthly concurrent audit of forex licensed branches
- Willingness to travel to other states for conducting audit and other related work.
Salary: INR 1,00,000 – 2,50,000 P.A.
Industry:Accounting / Finance
Functional Area:Accounts , Finance , Tax , Company Secretary , Audit
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- Willingness to travel extensively for conducting audit and other related work.
UG:B.Com – Commerce
PG:MBA/PGDM – Finance, CA – First Attempt, Pursuing , Second Attempt, M.Com – Commerce
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Muthoot Fincorp Ltd
Muthoot Fincorp Ltd., the flagship Company of the Group, with strong fundamentals, is a proactive Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) registered with the Reserve Bank of India. Muthoot Fincorp is a mass provider of finance in the form of gold and other loans with over 3600 branches pan India and an average of 40,000 customers a day.
At Muthoot Fincorp Ltd., the products are specifically planned & designed to serve customers who are unable to access mainstream commercial banks. This unique structure is a result of decades of research and experience in the company’s rural strongholds. This also allows the company to provide quick and customized finance options and investment products
We believe in three parameters when it comes to financial services delivery, i.e. PEOPLE, PROCESS & TECHNOLOGY. Heavy investments have been made in these three parameters, and we expect these would propel our progress as a global retail financial conglomerate.